Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View all calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar.
June 1, 2021, 8:00 AM - June 13, 2021, 11:00 PM @ Online ordering with pick up in (2) locations
Lonnie Hamilton Public Services Building
6/18 at Ghagan Park
515 W Boundary Street
Summerville, SC 29485
6/19 at Charleston County Lonnie Hamilton Building
4045 Bridge View Dr
Reduce flooding and pollution run-off by recycling and re-using your home's rain water with a rain barrel! Our annual sale is back for 2021! Order your 1/2 priced Ivy rain barrel online before 6/13 and then collect your barrel (or barrels) at one of two pick up locations.
Learn more about Rainwater Harvesting with our Clemson manual at https://www.clemson.edu/extension/carolinaclear/files/RWHmanual.pdf
June 9, 2021, 8:00 AM - July 9, 2021, 12:00 AM @ Online training with an in-person field day
Master Rain Gardener is a certification program focused on rain garden and rainwater harvesting system design, construction and maintenance.
Upon completion of Master Rain Gardener, course participants will be able to:
• Design a rain garden for long term aesthetic interest, function and water quality protection.
• Analyze soil and other site conditions to determine size and placement of a rain garden.
• Determine appropriate soil recipe for rain garden to encourage infiltration and healthy plants.
• Size a rainwater harvesting system based on site conditions and end use.
• Design a rainwater harvesting system complete with pre-filtration, conveyance and other system components necessary.
• Create a maintenance and inspection plan for rain gardens and rainwater harvesting systems.
CEUs available - see registration info