MOUNT PEASANT, S.C. (October 16, 2019) - The Mount Pleasant Department has updated its Benefits of Annexation with additional details and maps. The beenfits include:
- A full range of superior municipal services are provided to all Town residents
- Superior service from nationally accredited Police, Fire, and Recreation Departments
- Lower property taxes if currently located in Charleston County’s Consolidated Awendaw Fire District
- Once-a-week garbage and trash removal are included in property taxes
- Reduced rate for certain Town Recreation Department services
- The Town pays the electric bill for neighborhood street lights
- Lower homeowner’s or business property insurance rates (Ask your agent)
- Lower rates for sewer service
- Enjoy the benefits of being a part of an All-America City as designated by the National Civic League
- The Town of Mount Pleasant has been recognized for its excellence in financial reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) each year since 1988 and has received the Distinguished Budget Award since 2012
- In addition, the Town of Mount Pleasant has been recognized for its achievements in workforce housing by the Municipal Association of South Carolina (MASC)
- Rated as one of the best places to live by Money Magazine
- Ability to vote for town elected officials, be appointed a member of a Board or Commission, or run for Town Council.
- Business License fees are waived for existing businesses for the remainder of the annexation year and the next full license year.
- Lower Business License fee
Click on the area below to see specific benefits for your area.
Area 1 encompasses the area from the Wando River and Intracoastal Waterway to Venning Road, traveling North on Highway 17 N to Long Point Road including all of Long Point subdivision, Belle Hall subdivision and the Snowden community.
Area 2 encompasses the area East of Highway 17 North from Venning Road to Hamlin Road and Boone Hall Plantation.
Area 3 encompasses the area North of Hamlin Road and Boone Hall Farms to Seewee Road and Guerins Bridge Road.