Public Services Department Tropical Storm Irma Update #03
MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (September 15, 2017) - The Waste Management Division continues to collect vegetative debris on the normal Monday route. We estimate that we will finish the first pass on this route this afternoon and start the normal Tuesday route. We will collect the normal Tuesday route on Saturday. We will not collect on Sunday and will resume collection on this route Monday morning. When complete, we will begin the normal Wednesday route.
- Yesterday, the Waste Management Division completed garbage collection on the normal Tuesday route. Today, we will collect the normal Wednesday route. The normal Thursday route will be collected Saturday. On Monday, we will resume the normal garbage collection schedule.
- As a reminder, no trash (miscellaneous items other than vegetative debris) will be collected until we complete the first pass on vegetative debris.
- Yesterday, the Grounds Division completed the following projects:
- Moultrie Football Field
- Town Hall Football Field
- The Jones Center Field 4
- The Carolina Park Fields
- and the Park West Football Field, Track Field, and Fields 1 and 2 outfields
- The Multi-Purpose Field for recreational activities.
- They also cleaned the Pitt Street Bridge and started cleaning the Alhambra Hall grounds.
- Today, the Grounds Division will finish preparing the Whipple Road and Cario Fields for recreational activities. When this is complete, all football and soccer fields will be ready for play. They will also begin dragging some of the baseball and softball fields. The grounds at Alhambra Hall will be completed today as well.
- Monday, the Grounds Division will continue cleaning and preparing the Town's Baseball and Softball facilities for recreational activities.
- The infrastructure Division, Facilities Division and Stormwater Division will continue general recovery operations today.
For more information on storm recovery, visit us online at http://www.tompsc.com.