MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (September 13, 2017) - The Public Services Department is continuing to conduct damage assessments of Town infrastructure. We are also beginning cleanup and repair efforts throughout the Town. We are starting to clean and line Town recreation facilities in order to allow our residents to return to a sense of normalcy.
The Town will be collecting Garbage (Town issued trash can) on the following schedule:
- Normal Monday Route: Will be collected Wednesday Sept 13
- Normal Tuesday Route: Will be collected Thursday Sept 14
- Normal Wednesday Route: Will be collected Friday Sept 15
- Normal Thursday Route: Will be collected Saturday Sept 16
- Normal Garbage routes will resume on Monday Sept 18.
Due to the expected volume of vegetative debris following the storm, the Town will be collecting vegetative debris on the following schedule:
- Normal Monday Route: Will be started on Wednesday Sept 13 and will continue until the entire route has been completed once.
- Normal Tuesday Route: Will be started when the entire Monday route has been collected once
- Normal Wednesday Route: Will be started when the entire Tuesday route has been collected once
- Normal Thursday Route: Will be started when the entire Wednesday route has been collected once
- If you put out vegetative debris after we have collected your route the first time, we will collect it on the second pass, once all routes have been collected once.
- No Trash (miscellaneous items other than vegetative debris) will be collected until we finish collecting the vegetative debris from the storm.
- We ask for your patience during the recovery process. Updates will be provided as required.
If you have any questions, please contact the Public Services Department at (843) 849-2022