MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (Jan. 15, 2016) – SCE&G will be pruning trees in Mount Pleasant beginning later this month as part of the company’s five-year cycle to maintain public safety and electric system reliability. The company is hosting an educational workshop on Wednesday, Jan. 20 from 6-7:30 p.m. inside the Town Hall Public Meeting Room located at 100 Ann Edwards Lane. Overflow parking is available at the Sundrops Montessori School adjacent to the municipal complex.
“SCE&G staff will answer questions about safety, reliability, proper pruning methods, utility pruning techniques and more,” said Cedric Green, general manager for Charleston electric operations.
There will also be representatives from the South Carolina Forestry Commission and Lewis Tree Service, the contractor performing the work. Oversized maps marking the streets where trimming is planned will also be displayed at the workshop. In general, the 2016 trimming will include the following areas:
• Mathis Ferry Road from Muirhead Road to 5th Avenue
• Hobcaw Drive, Coinbow Drive and surrounding streets (Hobcaw Point)
• 4th Avenue to 7th Avenue
• Parts of Magrath Darby Blvd., Wingo Way and Sessions Way
• The Groves – Lansing Drive, Cottingham Drive and surrounding streets
• Equestrian Drive, Dragoon Drive and Williamson Drive off Johnnie Dodds Blvd.
• Eastlake Drive (off Mathis Ferry Road)
• Highway 17 North from the IOP Connector to Ivy Hall Subdivision
• Highway 41 from Highway 17 to Dunes West Blvd.
The room will be set up in informational “stations,” so interested residents can drop in anytime between 6 and 7:30 p.m.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, but have questions or would like to speak with someone from SCE&G about a tree on your property, please call 800-251-7234 or email email@example.com.