The Clerk of the Council is responsible for provision of administrative and clerical duties in support of the Town Council and Mayor.
- Maintains the Mount Pleasant Code of Ordinances.
- Attends all Council meetings and records and disseminates the minutes of each meeting.
- Ensures that Council meeting notices and agendas are provided to the news media and the public.
- Disseminates agendas and minutes to Council.
- Maintains lists of members of all Town Boards and Commissions, including terms and seat requirements. Notifies Mayor and Council of upcoming vacancies and expiration of terms; advertises and receives resumes/applications for vacancies.
- Prepares letters of welcome for the Mayor and proclamations for the Mayor’s signature and other correspondence.
- Assists the town administrator with special projects.