Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
By Martine Wolfe-Miller, Communications Officer
MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (September 15, 2015) – The new Billy Swails Boulevard, a capital improvement project critical to the transportation network and to the successful commute of parents driving their children to the new Jennie Moore Elementary School and Laing Middle School campus, is nearing completion.
“While this vital road improvement will greatly enhance the commute of hundreds of parents and children each day, it is a key road improvement designed to provide an alternate route to Rifle Range Road and US 17 and improve mobility for residents living in Mount Pleasant,” said Mount Pleasant Mayor Linda Page. “The new Billy Swails Boulevard will facilitate connectivity and build on our developing network.”
“The final paving of Porchers Bluff and Billy Swails Boulevard will be completed within the week,” said Mount Pleasant Transportation Engineer Paul Lykins. “The majority of the project has final grassing and is stabilized. Landscaping, comprised of palms trees, oaks and other material, is expected to be completed by October 15, with final completion of the project slated for November 15. Our new multi-use bike and pedestrian path will promote safe walking and biking for students and residents."
To gain easy access to the Sweetgrass Campus, view our video in our Media Center at http://www.tompsc.com/mediacenter.aspx?VID=101.
About the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)
The New Town Hall is part of the CIP. Other capital projects currently underway include:
· Farmers Market Pavilion Bathroom
· New Town Hall including Gym
· Utility Underground Mathis Ferry Road Phase II
· Bike & Pedestrian Facility Improvements
· Facility Modifications for ADA Compliance
· Asset – Work Order Database
· Memorial Waterfront Park, Phase II
· Six Stormwater Projects (NPDES Water Quality Testing, Canal Engineering, Baytree Project, Whipple Road, Wakendaw, and Hickory Shadows)
· Long Point Road /I-526 Westbound On-ramp
· Park West Blvd. at Bessemer Roundabout
· Pavement Preservation Projects
· Billy Swails Boulevard 4A-B
· Transportation Program Development
For more information about the new Billy Swails Boulevard, view the video online at www.tompsc.com, or visit us on Facebook or Twitter. To view a complete list of CIP projects and updates, visit our CIP Channel at http://www.tompsc.com/mediacenter.aspx?CID=15