Benefits of Annexation
- A full range of superior municipal services are provided to all Town residents
- Superior service from nationally accredited Police and Fire Departments
- Lower property taxes if currently located in Charleston County’s Consolidated Awendaw Fire District
- Once-a-week garbage and trash removal are included in property taxes
- Reduced rate for certain Town Recreation Department services
- The Town pays the electric bill for neighborhood street lights
- Lower homeowner’s or business property insurance rates (Ask your agent)
- Lower rates for sewer service
- Enjoy the benefits of being a part of an All-America City as designated by the National Civic League
- The Town of Mount Pleasant has been recognized for its excellence in financial reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for 24 consecutive years
- In addition, the Town of Mount Pleasant has been recognized for its achievements in workforce housing by the Municipal Association of South Carolina (MASC)
- Rated as one of the best places to live by Money Magazine
- Ability to vote for town elected officials, be appointed a member of a Board or Commission, or run for Town Council.
- Business License fees are waived for existing businesses for the remainder of the annexation year and the next full license year.
- Lower Business License fee
Click on the area below to see specific benefits for your area.
Area 1 encompasses the area from the Wando River and Intracoastal Waterway to Venning Road, traveling North on Highway 17 N to Long Point Road including all of Long Point subdivision, Belle Hall subdivision and the Snowden community.
Area 2 encompasses the area East of Highway 17 North from Venning Road to Hamlin Road and Boone Hall Plantation.
Area 3 encompasses the area North of Hamlin Road and Boone Hall Farms to Seewee Road and Guerins Bridge Road.