Engineering & Environmental Division
The Division is responsible for Flood Control and Water Quality Protection associated with the municipal stormwater system. This is achieved through the following operations:
- General Program Information
- Information Requests & Site Inspections - Please log into the report tracker to submit a request!
- Complaint Investigations
- Single Family Stormwater Permit Program
- Old Village Builders Guide
- Inspections of new public infrastructure
- Drainage Pipe Cleaning
- Canal Maintenance Program
- System Repairs
- Asset Management and Capital Improvements
- Hazard Mitigation
- Flood Protection
- Residential Flood Solutions
- Water Quality Program
- Pond Management Assistance
- Drainage Easement Encroachment Permits
There may be times when we are unable to work on a system because it is not a part of the Town’s drainage system, however, we will work to coordinate with other agencies or provide those property owners with guidance and options for private systems on their private property. If you do not know who owns your road you can try the street finder. You can then visit the other agencies to make work requests in areas that they "own". Use the Request Tracker to enter service requests for assistance!
Other system owners:
Drainage Easement Encroachments
Easements on a property restrict the use of the property. Permission to alter the area must be reviewed to see if the
If your property has a "Public" drainage easement to the Town and you would like to alter the easement in any way (such as install a fence, add pipes, connect yard drains, install utilities, change grading), an encroachment permit must be submitted for review to see if the alteration is acceptable, can be installed with conditions, or is not an allowable encroachment. Click here to obtain a copy of the permit form.